Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Engineer , Construction Manager
The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is “Helping Each Other Create Better Communities.” We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society – while providing employees growth opportunities.
We are seeking a Construction Manager for our Coeur d’Alene, ID office. As one of the largest professional engineering companies in the intermountain west, J-U-B delivers innovative services to allow our clients to succeed while providing a long-term, stable work environment for our employees.
While applying technical engineering knowledge and management skills, this position will:
- Plan, organize and direct the work involving construction projects.
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of construction inspectors/observers.
- Oversee the construction administration of projects including observation of highways, local roads, storm water, utilities (water and sewer), structural, mechanical and electrical work.
- Plan and organize construction support needed on a variety of projects.
- Participate in constructability and budget reviews during project design.
- Analyze engineering data, review existing reports and documents, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound decisions with the support of experienced engineers and technicians to solve construction challenges or conflicts in the field.
- Be responsible for project communication and updates with team, client, and supervisor.
- Create business opportunities through marketing and explore the development of contracts.
- Collaborate with other engineers and public agencies (Airports/FAA, Transportation Departments, State, Counties Cities, Highway Districts, FHWA, etc.) on projects.
- Interact with government agencies for necessary permits, crossing agreements, easements, encroachments and other necessary permit requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent is required.
- Current Idaho PE License or ability to obtain within twelve months is preferred.
- 6-10 years of work experience on similar work in construction oversight, observation/inspection, Highway/road, airport construction experience, and/or project management experience.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- GIS and CAD/MicroStation experience is desired but not required.
- IQP and WAQTC certification are desired but not required.
Determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including insurances, bonuses for qualified employees, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
To apply for this challenging position, please use the “Apply Online Now” button on the right.
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. J-U-B participates in E-Verify.
Ready to Apply?
J-U-B offers the opportunity to work in a team-centered and collaborative atmosphere. To take your career to the next level, select the "Apply Online Now" button below.
Apply Online Now
Mail: J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
2760 W EXCURSION LN, STE 400
MERIDIAN, ID 83642