Salt Lake City, UT
The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is “Helping Each Other Create Better Communities”. We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society – while providing employees growth opportunities.
We are seeking a Professional Traffic/Transportation Engineer to work in our Salt Lake City, UT office.
While applying technical engineering knowledge and skills, this position will:
- Work with project managers or independently to manage project deliverables.
- Work with support staff assigned to projects including drafters, EIT’s, and project engineers.
- Independently conduct and coordinate traffic operations analyses for intersections and corridors in support of transportation and planning projects for local, state, and federally funded projects.
- Perform travel demand modeling using CUBE.
- Independently perform signal timing optimizations and develop signal timing plans for roadway networks.
- Perform Maintenance of Traffic (MOT)/Traffic Control reviews and design MOT plans per UDOT standards.
- Use methodologies and processes from the UDOT and FHWA guidance and standards.
- Develop scopes of work, contracts, and budgets for projects.
- Write technical reports and develop processes for workflow. Write proposals and interview for potential projects.
- Represent clients in public meetings or open houses and conduct project meetings.
- Attend council and commissioner meetings for clients.
- Bachelors degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent and a current PE license required.
- Masters degree (M.S) with Emphasis in Transportation/Traffic Engineering desired.
- 5-10 years of Traffic/Transportation Engineering.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is a plus or the ability and obtain the certification.
- Expertise in CUBE travel demand modeling, HCS 2010, Synchro/SimTraffic and VISSIM, and experience required.
- AutoCAD and Microstation based design experience is desired but not required
- Transportation Planning experience is desired.
- UDOT experience is a plus.
- GIS experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to work with other in a collaborative team environment and to manage project deliverables.
- Strong communication and writing skills required.
Determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including insurances, bonuses for qualified employees, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
To apply for this challenging position, please use the “Apply Online Now” button on the right.
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. J-U-B participates in E-Verify.
Ready to Apply?
J-U-B offers the opportunity to work in a team-centered and collaborative atmosphere. To take your career to the next level, select the "Apply Online Now" button below.
Apply Online Now
Mail: J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
250 S. Beechwood Avenue, Suite 201
Boise, ID 83709