Fort Collins Colorado
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is seeking an experienced Professional Engineer to work in either our Fort Collins, CO or Palisade, CO offices. The ideal candidate will display a solid understanding of water/wastewater design and processes and a strong ability to communicate solutions to clients.
J-U-B delivers innovative services which allow our clients to succeed, while providing an enriching environment for our employees. J-U-B is one of the largest employee owned professional engineering companies in the Intermountain West.
While applying technical and engineering knowledge and skills, this position will:
- Plan, design and implement a wide variety of municipal projects including water and sewer piping system, lift station projects, water storage and pumping and water reuse projects. Knowledge of water/ wastewater treatment is a plus. Participate in all phases of project planning, design, cost estimating, bidding and construction.
- Analyze engineering data, prepare design calculations, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound decisions.
- Collaborate with other engineers, subconsultants, contractors, cities/districts, regulatory agencies and funding agencies on projects.
- Evaluate and provide support in an advisory role to water/wastewater client staff
- Periodic fieldwork including construction observation and administration, monitoring equipment installation, and project reconnaissance.
- Partner with project managers and senior project engineers for reporting, design and construction phase services for various public agency water and sewer projects.
- Interact with government agencies for regulatory permits, crossing agreements, easements, encroachments and other necessary project requirements.
- Attend public meetings, public forums and open-house events to discuss project details and answer questions from the public, as required.
- Attend District, Town and City meetings as required.
- Utilize design and communication tools such as AutoCAD Civil3D, Revit, ArcGIS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Prepare project proposals, comprehensive project reports and prepare project documentation.
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent. Master Degree with focus in the water / wastewater sector is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Engineer with 7+ years of experience.
- Certification as a professional engineer in Colorado, or the ability to acquire within 6 months.
- Extensive experience in municipal Water or Wastewater planning and design is required, including experience working directly with regulatory agencies.
- Technical writing skills are required. Please submit a written work sample.
- Ability to manage staff working in AutoCAD Civil3D and Revit.
- ArcGIS experience is desired.
Salary Range: Determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including bonuses for qualified employees and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
To apply for this challenging position click on the “Apply Online Now” button on the right.
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. J-U-B participates in E-Verify.
Ready to Apply?
J-U-B offers the opportunity to work in a team-centered and collaborative atmosphere. To take your career to the next level, select the "Apply Online Now" button below.
Apply Online Now
Mail: J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
250 S. Beechwood Avenue, Suite 201
Boise, ID 83709