Kaysville Salt Lake City Utah
Engineer , Water/Wastewater Engineer
Position Overview: J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is seeking an experienced Professional Engineer to work in either our Kaysville, UT and/ or Salt Lake City, UT offices. The ideal candidate will display a solid understanding of water/wastewater treatment process design, and a strong ability to communicate with clients and potential clients.
As an employee-owned consulting firm, J-U-B delivers innovative services which allow our clients to succeed, while providing an enriching environment for our employees. J-U-B is one of the largest professional engineering companies in the Intermountain West.
While applying technical and engineering knowledge and skills, this position will:
- Coordinate with water/ wastewater staff in both J-U-B’s Kaysville and Salt Lake City offices, and coordinate with other water/ wastewater professionals within J-U-B’s other offices. This will include communication over email, through telephone and video calls, and in-person.
- Serve as a company wide water/ wastewater treatment process design resource, and technical expert. Provide quality assurance and quality control support for both Utah offices and others. Serve as a mentor to water/wastewater staff.
- Plan, design and implement a wide variety of municipal and industrial projects including water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, and water reuse projects.
- Participate in all phases of project planning, design, cost estimating, bidding, construction and post-construction.
- Collaborate with cities/districts, engineers, sub-consultants, contractors, regulatory agencies and funding agencies on projects.
- Analyze engineering data, prepare design calculations, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound decisions.
- Perform periodic fieldwork including construction observation and administration, monitoring equipment installation, and project reconnaissance.
- Put together Capital Improvement Plans, Master Plans, Feasibility Studies, Basis of Design Memos/Preliminary Engineering Reports and Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Attend meetings with districts, towns and cities, as required. Attend public meetings, public forums and open-house events to discuss project details and answer questions from the public, as required.
- Utilize design and communication tools such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook. AutoCAD Civil3D, Revit and ArcGIS are a plus.
- Prepare project proposals, including scopes of work, in response to Requests-for-Proposals and Requests-for-Qualifications.
- Serve as a client manager and project manager. Meet with clients, manage the financial and technical aspects of projects, and deliver projects on-time and on-budget. Adhere to J-U-B’s system of project reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree with focus in the water / wastewater treatment sector is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Engineer with 5+ years of experience.
- Certification as a professional engineer in Utah, or the ability to acquire within 6 months.
- Extensive experience in municipal Water or Wastewater Treatment planning and design is required, including experience working directly with clients and leading project teams.
- Technical writing skills are required. Please submit a written work sample.
- Ability to manage staff working in AutoCAD Civil3D, Revit and ArcGIS.
Salary Range: Determined by experience. In addition to a great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including bonuses for qualified employees and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
To apply for this challenging position, please visit www.jub.com
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. J-U-B participates in E-Verify.
Ready to Apply?
J-U-B offers the opportunity to work in a team-centered and collaborative atmosphere. To take your career to the next level, select the "Apply Online Now" button below.
Apply Online Now
Mail: J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
250 S. Beechwood Avenue, Suite 201
Boise, ID 83709