Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is “Helping Each Other Create Better Communities.” We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve society – while providing employees growth opportunities. We are hiring a Project Designer (EI/EIT). As one of the largest professional engineering companies in the Coeur d’Alene and Spokane region, J-U-B delivers innovative services to allow our clients to succeed while providing a long-term, stable work environment for our employees.
While applying technical civil engineering knowledge and skills, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be an integral part of a growing Development Services Team
- Participate in all phases of the multidisciplinary project design and construction, depending on specific project needs.
- Provide innovative solutions to design and construction constraints.
- Be mentored by professional engineers in the Coeur d’Alene and additional offices with a willingness to learn.
- Provide support to engineers and technicians for reports, design, and construction phase services for various private and public agency projects.
- Be able to grow and learn from a variety of civil engineering and planning applications including transportation, water, wastewater, planning, design, drafting, and others. Typical work includes:
- Private and public site development infrastructure, including site plans, design of roads, stormwater systems, pipelines, public and private utility system coordination, environmental permitting and mitigation, site planning and permits.
- Develop designs and layouts using AutoCAD and Civil 3D software packages.
- Analyze engineering data, interpret plans and specifications, and make sound decisions to solve challenges.
- Collaborate with regulatory agencies, funding agencies, clients, and contractors on project requirements and deliverables.
- Attend meetings, public forums, and open houses to discuss project details and answer questions from the public, as required.
- Provide project support on multi-disciplinary projects in the office and throughout the company.
- Collaborate with other engineers, planners and public agencies on projects.
- Perform periodic fieldwork including construction observation and project reconnaissance.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent or graduating prior to start of employment.
- EI/EIT: Certification as Engineer Intern/Engineer in Training (passed Fundamentals of Engineering Exam) is required.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in
- Microsoft Suite proficiency in document and spreadsheet development.
- Understanding and experience with site grading and stormwater.
- Experience working as a seasonal or full-time intern or full-time work under a professional engineer.
Salary Range: Salary Range starts at $62,000 and is negotiable by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including insurance, bonuses for qualified employees, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
To apply for this position, please visit www.jub.com We will accept applications until position is filled, reviewing and interviewing as applications are received.
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. J-U-B participates in E-Verify.
Ready to Apply?
J-U-B offers the opportunity to work in a team-centered and collaborative atmosphere. To take your career to the next level, select the "Apply Online Now" button below.
Apply Online Now
Mail: J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
2760 W EXCURSION LN, STE 400
MERIDIAN, ID 83642