Orem, UT Utah
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. in Orem, Utah is seeking a Professional Engineer. This position performs a variety of design and engineering support work in the initial planning, preliminary and final PS&E design and post design construction support phases using equipment, systems, or processes. The candidate has a working knowledge of multiple discipline areas including Transportation Engineering, Highway/Bridge, Drainage, and Transit; thorough understanding of business objectives, priorities and strategy for the Utah Area; and understands industry practices and competitors.
While applying technical civil engineering knowledge and skills, this engineering position:
- Is responsible for independently and proactively applying advanced engineering and modeling techniques and analyses in problem solving and practical engineering methods.
- May provide technical guidance and mentorship to CAD production designers and engineers.
- Requires some practical design experience in general engineering.
- Involves proficiency with design delivery experience and reputation in preparing and assembling studies, geometric plans, final PS&E design plans and specifications, cost estimates, QA/QC documentation, and bidding phase support in accordance with the Utah Department of Transportation, local governments and other related transportation agency standard processes and procedures.
- Applies and follows AASHTO guidelines, UDOT Project Delivery Network and 2017 Special Provisions, local government and other related transportation agency standards.
- Provides post design phase Construction Engineering support services with the clients.
- Delivers tasks or projects in a multiple office setting.
- Works collaboratively and effectively in a team environment and willing to contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Embraces and promotes a safety-minded approach in the work environment.
Education, Experience, & Certifications:
- BS or MS graduate of an accredited design technology and/or engineering program in the area of Civil Engineering.
- 3+ years of applicable experience as defined above.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Utah in good standing, or able to become a PE within 6 months of the date of hire.
- UDOT or other agency traditional design bid build, CMGC and design build delivery experience preferred.
- Proficiency in using Microstation/InRoads for design. Proficiency or willingness to learn ACAD/Civil 3D for design. Working knowledge with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary Range: Determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including insurance, bonuses for qualified employees, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere
To apply for this challenging and engaging position, please use the “Apply Online Now” button to the right.
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. J-U-B participates in E-Verify.
Ready to Apply?
J-U-B offers the opportunity to work in a team-centered and collaborative atmosphere. To take your career to the next level, select the "Apply Online Now" button below.
Apply Online Now
Mail: J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
250 S. Beechwood Avenue, Suite 201
Boise, ID 83709