J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is hiring a Survey Crew Chief to work from our Reno, NV office. As one of the largest professional engineering companies in the Intermountain West, J-U-B delivers innovative services which allow our clients to succeed, while providing an enriching environment for our employees.
This position works under the direct supervision of a Licensed Land Surveyor and Field Crew Supervisor. The main responsibilities include acting as the Crew Chief for field survey assignments with the ability to:
- Set up, adjust, and operate Trimble GNSS receivers, data collectors, robotic total stations, lasers and running levels used for specific surveying tasks
- Perform complex surveying calculations
- Anticipate design needs and perform design topographic surveys, following survey standards and feature code procedures
- Measure, record, and calculate data based on information collected from various survey instruments
- Read and understand plans as part of J-U-B Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) policy. Report to Survey Manager and/or in-house design team with findings.
- Perform minor staking calcs in order to stake projects for construction on Engineering plan designs in municipal, suburban, urban, and rural settings
- Understand and implement boundary control principles
- Search and recover public and private land corners, layout pins for property corners
- Collect field data for use in boundary, topographic and ALTA/NSPS Surveys.
- Perform field quality control of design documents
- Assist other members of the surveying team
- 2 or more years previous surveying experience as a field crew chief
- Knowledge of surveying practices and principles
- Fundamental knowledge of mathematics, geometry, and trigonometry and appropriate software to run surveying instruments
- The ability to perform physically demanding tasks in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions, and have flexibility to work long hours as workload dictates
- The ability to prioritize and delegate work, enforce safety procedures, and work independently
- A genuine desire to be part of a well-functioning surveying team
- Ability to take and maintain clean, thorough, and complete field notes
- Knowledge and experience with current Trimble software (TBC) and hardware (GPS receivers, data collectors, total stations, etc)
Salary Range: $25-$38 per hour/Determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including bonuses for qualified employees, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
To apply for this challenging position, please click the “Apply Online Now” button on the right.
J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class. J-U-B participates in E-Verify.
Ready to Apply?
J-U-B offers the opportunity to work in a team-centered and collaborative atmosphere. To take your career to the next level, select the "Apply Online Now" button below.
Apply Online Now
Mail: J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
2760 W EXCURSION LN, STE 400
MERIDIAN, ID 83642